Italy Oncology market size is estimates to be $XX million in 2022. Before the age of 75, an estimated 31 percent of men and 24.2 percent of women in Italy will have cancer. In light of medical improvements, the survivor’s number has gradually increased, including the two most frequent cancers (prostate and breast cancer). A total of 1 million adults in Italy, or 1.7% of the country’s 59.7 million people, had survived cancer for five years as of 2012. Of these, 20.6% had been diagnosed with breast cancer and 16.6% had been diagnosed with prostate cancer.
In Italy, there are about 410,000 new instances of cancer and 175,000 cancer-related mortalities according to the Global Cancer Observatory and National Institute of Statistics estimate in Italy every year.
In Italy, the incidence of lung cancer between 2008 and 2010 was 21.8 per 100,000 women and 67.8 per 100,000 men. This resulted in about 41,000 new instances of lung cancer, including 28,000 cases in males and 13,500 cases in women. Lung cancer holds a significant share in the overall Italy oncology market.
In Italy, there are roughly 55,000 new cases of breast cancer (BC) diagnosed each year, and there are 13,000 deaths from BC each year, the majority of which are caused by metastatic breast cancer.
To determine whether there was a high risk of getting the disease in the area, as suggested by mortality data, the incidence rate for liver cancer was examined in the Health Unit of Brescia (about 325,000 inhabitants), North Italy, over 5 years from 1986 to 1990. A total of 349 incident cases were seen, and out of those, 182 (52.1%) were histologically diagnosed. For males and females, the cumulative risk was around 5% and 1%, respectively.
The ninth most prevalent cancer worldwide is urothelial bladder carcinoma (UBC). The disease is about 10% prevalent in Italy, where it ranks as the fourth most common cancer in the nation.
According to the most recent WHO data, In 2020 Italy has a record of 8,409 or 1.55% mortalities from prostate Cancer. Italy ranks #135 in the world with a 9.43 per 100,000 people age-adjusted death rate.
Italy Oncology Market by States
- Lombardy Telemedicine Market
- Lazio Telemedicine Market
- Veneto Telemedicine Market
- Emilia-Romagna Telemedicine Market
- Piedmont Telemedicine Market
- Tuscany Telemedicine Market
- Rest of Italy
Italy oncology market has been spilt into regions namely Lombardy, Lazio, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Piedmont, Tuscany & others.
Italy Oncology Market Segments
Datavagyanik has covered each oncology in detail in terms of market size, sales volume, growth forecast. The segment and sub segment level categorization covered in the report are:
- Cancer Diagnostics
- Tumor Biomarkers Test
- In Situ Hybridization
- Liquid Biopsy
- Cancer Treatment Drugs (Revlimid, Avastin, Herceptin, Rituxan, Opdivo, Gleevec, Velcade, Imbruvica, Ibrance, Zytiga, Alimta, Xtandi, Tarceva, Perjeta, Temodar, and Others)
- Cancer Treatment Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
- Hormonal Therapy
- Blood Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Head & Neck Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
Key questions answered in the Italy Oncology Market Analysis Report:
- What is the overall oncology market size in Italy and how is the demand rising and what is market for each cancer type (Blood Cancer, Lung Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Breast Cancer, Liver Cancer, Bladder Cancer, Head & Neck Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Others)?
- What is the market size for cancer diagnostics (Biopsy, Imaging, Immunohistochemistry, Tumor, Biomarkers Test, In Situ Hybridization, Liquid Biopsy) in Italy?
- What is the market size for cancer treatment drugs (Revlimid, Avastin, Herceptin, Rituxan, Opdivo, Gleevec, Velcade, Imbruvica, Ibrance, Zytiga, Alimta, Xtandi, Tarceva, Perjeta, Temodar, and Others) in Italy?
- What is the market size for cancer treatment by therapy (Targeted Therapy, Chemotherapy, Hormonal Therapy, Immunotherapy, Others) in Italy?
- Who are the top market players by market share, in each product segment?
- Which is the fastest growing business/ product segment?
- What should be the business strategies and Go to Market strategies?
Oncology in Italy: Report Deliverables
- Summary Statistics
- Oncology in Italy Market Attractiveness Analysis
- Oncology Diagnostics Market
- Oncology Drugs
- Therapies/Treatment Type
- Oncology in Italy Market Analysis, by Segment (state level analysis)
- Historical Market size ($Million), (2017 – 2021)
- Market size ($Million), and Forecasts (2022 – 2027)
- Market Analysis by Segment (state level analysis)
- End Users (Hospitals, Diagnostics Centers, others)
- Application (Blood Cancer, Lung Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Breast Cancer, Liver Cancer, Bladder Cancer, Head & Neck Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Others)
- Region wise analysis
- Lombardy revenue & volume (Cancer Diagnostics and Cancer Treatment Drugs, Therapy)
- Lazio revenue & volume (Cancer Diagnostics and Cancer Treatment Drugs, Therapy)
- Veneto revenue & volume (Cancer Diagnostics and Cancer Treatment Drugs, Therapy)
- Emilia-Romagna revenue & volume (Cancer Diagnostics and Cancer Treatment Drugs, Therapy)
- Piedmont revenue & volume (Cancer Diagnostics and Cancer Treatment Drugs, Therapy)
- Tuscany revenue & volume (Cancer Diagnostics and Cancer Treatment Drugs, Therapy)
- Rest of Italy revenue & volume (Cancer Diagnostics and Cancer Treatment Drugs, Therapy)
- Pricing analysis
- Cancer diagnostics and treatment cost in Italy
- Cancer drug cost in Italy
- Market forecast for 10 years
- Investment strategies